This is my biggest origami project I've ever made from modular units, and the first to combine different bits together to create a whole scene.
Modular origami pieces are slotted together to form a shape without the help of adhesives or glue, and I put a lot of thought and planning to form the outer bowl shape. It took a while to figure out how to join the circular flat base to the rising edge using only the slots, but I managed it in the end. The swan helps to weigh down the modules in the centre, but they still pop up a bit as you can see in the photo.
I made a competition at my workplace for who could guess the number of modules in the entire piece. That was a bad decision, I ended up having to spend about half an hour counting up the bits myself. My count was 1347 modules. I surprised myself! Didn't think it was going to go into the 4 digits.
I'm really happy with how this one turned out; it's definitely a progression of my past models and I really hope to keep developing my abilities to make bigger better projects in the future.